Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My Benito


I feel like I have to be fair. Thats mommy guilt for ya.


My little son has the ability to break down my hard heart, my furiousness, my raging homones with one look. After screaming at his sister and storming out, he asked if he could come with me. No, I needed some time to myself. I pulled out of the driveway and looked back to see a small frowning face in the window. The sadness in his eyes making mine well up as only the wonderful hormones of pregnancy can do. He can reduce me to tears and make me feel bad in a way his sister never can do. I am, in turn, easier on him because of the way he can break my heart.


Then there is the insane hilariousness. This morning, he gets a lemon creme cookie from the cupboard and puts it in a tupperware container. Before closing the lid, he gives it a little pet and and tells me "he likes it in his house". Then he asks me to read him, Lambie and Cookie (capital C) a story! Of all the things that we could have as a pet we choose a cookie?


I love that in the night, when I tuck them in after they're sleeping (turn them around so they're on the pillow, straighten the blankets) I whisper "I love You" and he mumbles back "uf oo".

I wonder if sending him off to school will be harder. I mean, his crazy energy sometimes gets the better of me (especially now), but him and I are on the same team.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers