Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Ups and downs

If you read back a while, all I wanted was to be pregnant. Now that I'm here (18 weeks), I sure am rethinking this whole thing. This pregnancy has kicked my butt. Even when I do sleep, I never feel refreshed and my napping hours have increased exponentially. And these aren't nice, comfy bed naps, but sit down for a minute to catch my breath (which I'm ALWAYS out of) and pass out for a while kind of naps. I have felt six months pregnant for about 3 months, and I'm not even to six months yet! My hips hurt, my bones ache, my hair is falling out when it should be staying in...
And then I feel the little bugger kick me. I have not felt this one as strongly and frequently as the other two, and I had a semi-freak out because of it, but I am always waiting for the next one. I can't wait to hold s/he in my arms and smell it's warm head (most likely no hair, I've got baldies). I know this is the last one, so it has a bittersweet finality to it. This time in my life that I've looked forward to from the beginning is over?? I will be happy to move to the next chapter of raising them up (partially started already, of course)But it's all moving so quickly. Hey, on the bright side, maybe I'll be an empty-nester by 50!!

1 comment:

  1. I see that you follow our blog (unplannedparenthood) and thought I'd catch up on yours. Congrats on your April baby! As you know, my wife is also 18 weeks too...and I can't wait til I can feel the little kicks and punches from our Nugg! Luckily my wife hasn't been plagued with the aches and pains you have...although every now and then her back and tailbone gets a shooting stabbing pain. Our doctor said that this was normal though. Hope you're aches and pains start subsiding and your hair grows back!

    ReplyDelete

Followers