Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Blessings

Hm. I'm full of beautiful phrases and eloquence in the space between consciousness and sleep.  I wake up and it's gone.  Yeah, I could keep a journal by my bed...but turning on the light is ill advised, especially when it takes so long for me to fall asleep in the first place. Plus I'm lazy. 
I feel like I'm getting to a good place. I feel like having Owen (and all that lead up to him) have helped me be satisfied. Nothing is perfect, everything is hard, but my life is inherently blessed. Each one of our friends who is in the same "stage" of life has their own problems. We all struggle with discipline, money, time, none of us seems to have enough of any of those. And yet, we all have love. 
A few weeks ago, one family's father lost his job. While at first, it seemed like a crushing blow to the family, the couple, his ego, they have realized that it was probably the best thing that could have happened. The job's hours were dragging them down, putting unneeded stress on the family. Since then, both parents have been happier, kids are more secure, less problems all around. They decided to look at it as a blessing.  I'm trying to see the events in my life as blessings as well, regardless of how challenging.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers