Sunday, June 14, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Friday was the big day. The big 2-8. So to get ourselves motivated (read: cleaning/fixing frenzy) we decided to have a party for my birthday and officially title it a housewarming party because everyone wanted to come over and check it out. A scant week before the date we sent out invites, many which I don't think arrived at their desired destinations, but none the less, we only had one week of planning.

The day dawned sunny and bright, with not one, but four phone calls at 8 am. For those of you who know me, you know I dislike very greatly to be woken up early. But Eight? On my birthday? Rude. Mary and Eli came over and helped us get cleaned up, the Laura and Hendrik came to help too. They helped by looking cute. But really, having friends over keeps me motivated. For those of you who know me, you know I greatly dislike cleaning. Mary agreed, but said she didn't mind cleaning other people's houses. She got the basement all in order just in time for the kids to destroy it again.

Everyone showed up just as the food was ready, but I was not. Turns out I had forgotten quite a few things I wanted to do, and many I needed to do! But Sara came to my rescue and handled all the kitchen craziness. She made room for food, accepted dishes from people and generally was my brain.

Some people I didn't see come, some I didn't see leave. I tried to get around to at least say hello, but there were a lot of people there! Thanks to everyone who came and/or brought food and/or gifts. The food was great and I'm gonna have tons of fun shopping with all the gift cards! I guess I'll lets Ryan use some of the Home Depot ones.

The night was beautiful, not too chilly, but some sweaters were required. Many of us stayed to watch The Game, which I was hoping and not hoping to have happen. We all know the final result. We won't speak of it.
We had s'mores by the fire...it was perfect. Everyone said our house is a great party house. I'm sure our Neighbors will love that!!

I had a really awesome birthday. Thank you everyone! I hope we can have many more parties in the years to come.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! We've got a nice yard for partying, but not so much the house. And yeah.... the game.... I'm still seething.

    ReplyDelete

Followers