Tuesday, June 2, 2009

So New

I have been thinking up things to say for about 2 weeks now, but have not had the opporunity to write as I have not had internet access. Do you think I can remember any of it now? Plus I am on the floor, rather than typing comfortably in a chair, and it's hardwood. Ow.

So On May 23 we had our official move day, with the Kuchenmeister Four back in action for One Night Only. Ryan and his brothers and dad did all the heavy lifting and got us about 90% moved in. It doesn't really feel like our house yet. It doesn't smell like our house yet. Mostly, it smells of varnish and paint, but it just isn't there yet. I'm sure with time (and more dirty laundry, more about that) it will.

One of the hard things is going back to the condo to get the rest of our stuff. Yes, it's hard work, but really, it's the emotional stuff that's getting me. So many things happened at that house. I brought got married, brought home two babies, lost two more, had my dad there...many many happy memories. The condo served us well. It's just time now to move on.

I have the kids room almost done. The heinous green isn't so bad after all, with all the furniture and wall hangings. The colors matches perfectly and I'm actually glad I picked it. I need a shelf for Maddie, and some clean up stuff, but being in there makes me really happy.

We painted the front room and all the bedrooms, and then the family room. No carpet in there yet, hopefully this weekend. It's all coming together...

With the exception of the washing machine. We have had no washing abilities since we've moved in, due to a pump that needed to be put in to pump the water higher up to the septic. A $200 project we weren't anticipating. (isn't that always how it goes?) Ryan's working on it today, but I think he's secretly trying to find a way to keep me out of underwear.

I love watching my kids run around the yard. I almost would have just bought a yard. We've had a few bon fires (due to the massive amounts of pruning needed) and we have a great newly stained deck that the Kuchenmeister 3 reunited for (two days only, one rescheduled for rain). We have so much more work to do! But it's worth it, so far!

As usual, I feel slightly forelorn when a change come along. It's not that I don't want it. I begged for it! I guess I'm just always surprised when I get what I want. I hate feeling like even though I'm getting so much and have so many blessings, I want more. (cue Ariel: I want MOOOORRREE) I'm disappointed that another month has gone by and I'm not pregnant. These things are all good distractions, but now everyone's bumps are growing and I want one! I feel like a silly baby. How could I possibly be asking for something else? I guess God's timing is not my own. A lesson I still have to learn after all these years. I guess 'before' was not right, maybe these other amazing things would not have been put into play without the first step, however painful. I'm still working on my patience, obviously.

"Charlie, don't forget what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he ever wanted!" "What happened?" "He lived happily ever after!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers