Friday, July 31, 2009

My unusual children.

At the playground

Time: 1:30am. Place : My Bed. Scene: BEN wakes up because he went to bed at 7pm, and asks if he can climb in with us. He lays down and snuggles in. Soon, there is a disturbance in the Force.
BEN: Mommy? Can you close the door so the monsters don't get in?

MOMMY: Ben, there aren't any monsters! There only kinds of monsters there are are Elmo and Telley Monster and they are nice good monsters. There are no bad monster in our house, I promise. OK?

BEN: Ok, Mommy can you close the door so the monsters don't get in?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Time : The afternoon. Place: Rite Aid. Scene: Mommy needs some medicine for her sore throat. She is having trouble getting Ben to hold her hand due to the odd way he is walking.

MOMMY: Ben. BEN Hold my hand.

BEN: No, mommy, I can't.

Mommy: Why not? (still observing the strange way he's walking) What are you doing?

BEN: (Facing sideways, Arms out, legs apart, doing little jumps to go forward) I'm web surfing. Sort of like this, but sideways. Here he was a bird

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At the Playground

Time: Afternoon. Place: The Park. Scene: shortly after we arrive to the deserted park, another family arrives with girls around Maddie's age. Maddie immediately runs up to them.

MADDIE: Look! We have almost the same SHOES! I'm 5 and there are my Easter shoes, but I can wear them to play now.

GIRL: yours have a bow, so they're not the same.

Other GIRL: I'm 5!

MADDIE: Wellll, there the same shape and yours just doesn't have a bow so there's really close! Wanna go play princesses?

GIRL and OTHER GIRL: ok.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The last one is is different format, because it's not quite the same.


Maddie's Violin teacher is Mr. Jorgji, and older (I'm assuming) Russian man. I've only taken Maddie to lessons a few times, because Ryan likes to do it. But yesterday, I took her. Maddie has started to read the notes without any help from the book, e.i. it used to say what the note was on top of the note, now that has gone away, so she's actually reading the music. Yes, she makes some mistakes, but he says I don't have any other students like her at this age. She remembers everything, she wants to do it and she good at it! He seems slightly amazed at her. He had always told us that since she is so young, the process is a little different. Her muscles don't recall the same way ours do. But he seems thrilled with her progress. I'm not saying she a genius! But she's doing a great job for such a small girl!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers