Wednesday, May 20, 2009

nothing much, only EVERYTHING!

I have little time these days for much on the computer. A quick check here, a posted picture there. I supposed it's better that way. I can get sucked in, then get bored. I have often wondered if I have reached the end of the internet. I have so many other things to do. Like packing. And painting and cleaning and taking care of the kids and ... well, you get the drift.

I have been practically husbandless all week. Meeting, practices, concerts...all the week we are attempting to move. I shouldn't complain, I was aware of these things beforehand, but it still comes as a shock to have so much to do and so little help. MIL Cheryl took Ben up north for the week. She was bored, and he is busy, so she figured she'd kill two birds. I do miss him, but I think I may have killed him if he was alone with me all week. He is quite something sometimes, and he has a tendency to time it just right for when I'm about it lose it.
So I only have Maddie, who graduated from Preschool yesterday. I didn't cry as much as I thought, but in one song they sang "mom, oh mom, what would I do without YOU!" and that was it for me! I will miss her little class and all the nice moms and normal kids. We're not talking perfect. I mean normal in the crazy, having a bad day sometimes, why in the world did you do that? kinda kids. None of the moms were clique-y, though I think the one dad that dropped his son off was intimidated a little by all the estrogen. I'm glad that many of those kids will be in school with her in kindergarten.

We have the Solid Rock concert tomorrow. It's at the Emerald Theatre and its our rockin' church band. They're doing a mix of worship and rock tunes, so if you're interested, the doors are at 6 and the tickets are $10 at the door. All ages are welcome, in fact last year I took Ben! He was hilarious, playing drums on pop cans and cups with straws. This time he's missing it, but I can relax a little more, even with Maddie there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers