Friday, May 7, 2010

Some days

Some days, like today, I don't even realize I haven't gotten out of my pajamas yet.  There is SO much going on in the mornings that I cannot even conceive spending (wasting) the time to get myself dressed when I'm just gonna get messy anyway. 

I hate being "that" mom.  But it has happened, and since Owen is tiny, I don't see it changing anytime soon. 

I usually get around to brushing my teeth, taking a shower around 3 pm.  By that point, everything I've done all day has undone itself and I don't care anymore.  I've never been too keen on housekeeping, I figured I've got better things to do (like read) but having Owen has forced me (for my own sanity) to try harder to be organized, on top of things and less lazy.  This doesn't necessarily mean my house is clean, but now most everything is in a place where anyone could find it, not just me.  Being pregnant magnified my stupidity to a level I had never experienced before and I don't ever want to feel like that again.  I want to be on top of things. I  want to have a clean, or at least, presentable house.  If only I didn't have all these kids, I'd be great!!

3 comments:

  1. I would venture to say you wouldn't be "great" without the kids... kids make us into better versions of ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My housekeeping problems are just the opposite. I have a clean house and I can't find a damn thing!! I need a professional organizer, not a housekeeper. Maybe we could trade houses for a day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "being pregnant magnified my stupidity" - so completely true. men will never understand.

    ReplyDelete

Followers