Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Time

And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
Maybe this year will be better than the last
I can't remember all the times I've tried to tell myself
To hold on to these moments as they pass...

This winter, I sat in my front window looking at the bleak sky and the leaf-less tree.  I remember thinking ahead to leaves and sun and son. Now I sit and see the mature tree, the bright blue sky, hear the shouts of my children playing in the sprinkler on the grass, feel the warm air blowing over me.  It was a LONG winter.  My day-dreams of sweet baby breath and branches beginning to bud have been realized. 

It's amazing how long that winter's day seemed, and how long ago.  My tiny baby is 7 weeks, and my other babies are growing like weeds as the days pass by.  I felt like I was pregnant forever, and now that I won't be again, I should try to remember the wonderful things about it; feeling him hiccup, watching him roll around.  But happily, most of those unpleasant memories are blocked out by the fact that he is a sweet baby, cubby and smiley with his crazy mohawk of curly hair.  I pick him up and he puts his arms around my neck and squeezes with all his baby might.  My heart (and body) forget all the pain and sleeplessness he's caused, I am only in love, in this moment.   

1 comment:

Followers