Thursday, January 29, 2009

And now, The Boy

He came along so differently. Oh, yeah I wanted another baby, badly, but the timing was not a good as I'd like it. Not his fault. I was a nervous wreck every day. I was filled with anxiety, sure something was going to go wrong. My hormones were in HIGH GEAR. He came kind of eventfully, after being in labor all day, suddenly, he was there. He blinked at me, and it took me a few minutes to realize this was my son. I was so in love.

He is the complete opposite of his sister. He lavashes love on me like he has enough for the whole world, and no, I don't have to do ANYTHING in return. On his 6 month birthday, he crawled out of his co-sleeper and stood up on me. He walked by 10 months. He was saying sentences when his sister was barely saying mamma. He is my music-obsessed baby (where could he get that from?). Guitar Hero=love. He runsandrunsandruns, shrieking like a banshee, and I realize he's wailing on a (spoon, brush, traintrack) pretending to be shredding a riff. He's not picky, though,if he has two (spoons, brushes, traintracks) They can be drumsticks! He used to call daddy's drums "bang". He has a soft boy-smell at the nape of his neck that I can't get enough of. He says " It's so (stucking, broking, heavy)". He's still so new, even though he's two.I wonder how he'll evolve, what he's going to like in the future. Right now, it's all music, spiderman, Thomas. But he's merging into a Mario party obsession. We'll see. "I Yoshi" as he scrunches up his mouth to say the unfamiliar word.

He went through a rough patch, for a few months I really really wanted to flush him down the toilet. But those tantrums have pretty much subsided, and my wonderful, sweet boy has returned. He brings me his blankets and says, "Wanna nuggle mamma". Not a request, a statement. But I am so willing everytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers