Friday, January 30, 2009

On the topic of family...

Sara (my bff) has a frame that says,
"Friends are the family
God lets you choose"

So true.

I have been blessed, many times over by my family. Not that we don't have our issues, cause believe me, we do, but it's so tame comparatively. Same with my In-laws. Sara says I got the Arnold Swartzenegger mother-in-law and she got the Danny Divito.

Throughout my life, I've always had one main friend, I don't like to divide loyalty, and I don't like girl drama, so I keep it close. As a result, I have been badly hurt more than once.

Sara and I met in college, both self-conscious, timid to stick our necks out and make friends. We realized almost instantly, that we were like a puzzle, we fit together perfectly. We didn't match exactly, but when put together, it was a whole. We both had boyfriends, and we all got along really well. She was my Maid of honor, I her matron (eh I hate that), and we're each other's son's Godmothers. I fought for that. Ryan wasn't sure...she isn't related...but I stood firm. I want my son to have a relationship with this woman that goes beyond "friend". Just like I do.

Here's the problem. Sara, even though I've professed my love for her from the rooftops is insanely jealous. In the past few years, we've joined a church and so many of the women there are cut from the same cloth as us. Genuine, wonderful people. Sara thinks I'm going to leave her for them.

Sara has many other friends. I am not her One-and-only. But I am not allowed!

For instance, Mary, whose son I watch everyday, is SO much like Sara, that I ofter CALL her Sara. (that and she has a sister named Sarah) They both are very vulnerable. They both have crazy mothers. They both have an older sister who is so out of this world that we can't even see her. I want, SO BADLY, for them to be friends!!!!! Then I remember last time that happened, in middle school. The two girls became friends and teamed up on me and made my life hell... I don't think Sara and Mary would go there, though.

Anyway, I have found some true friends, at Epic, and I want to SHARE! I am SO tired of vapid, empty women, who do nothing but talk about money and who ever is not there behind their back. Women who only want to be your friend so they came compare themselves with you and come out on top. Women who forget you the minute you're gone.

I never got a chance to be a sister, or have a sister. She was still born when I was 2. I have said in the past that I wasn't sure if I could have shared my dad. Now she gets him all to herself! I have a few sisters-in-law, but I feel like I have this small group of women who are my soul sisters. Ladies, you are a God-send. I hope I am everything to you, that you are to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers