Friday, April 3, 2009

A few funny things...

For those of you who care about funny kids stories, these are for you.

Many mornings I go downstairs to check my email and whatnot, and I shut the door so the munchkids don't follow me. The main reason is because Elijah is sleeping, but really I'd just like to think quietly for a few moments without being begged to play Oobie or Princesses. So I am sitting at the computer near the bottom of the step and I hear Maddie shout "Ben's got a knife!" Oh crap. I bolt up the stairs thinking,"Where'd he get a knife? I know I closed the gate to the kitchen!" I hear the clang of metal against carpet as I open the door. "BEN!" I see him sitting sheepishly on the floor, like, 'I didn't do anything'. "Why do you have a knife?!?"
"I want to cut sister's hair," he replies with a shrug. !!!

Next is Maddie who bowled for the very first time today and got a respectable 73. She did actually get higher, but the 2 spares she got didn't get recorded :(
Aunt Becca came over last night to pick up her phone charger that she had left the night before. Maddie says to me, "I want to make her a card!" So she starts working on it and Becca comes in.
Becca asks, "Whatcha making, Maddie?"
At this point, I know Maddie is thinking up something in her head. I was darn curious to see what she came up with. After a beat, Maddie says, "A Card"
"For who?"
A beat passes again. "Grammy."
I have just witnessed Maddie's first "tell a lie for the sake of a surprise". I was impressed at how smoothly she played it off! And a little scared! :)

1 comment:

  1. Holy crap! Glad nobody got hurt with the knife situation.

    I sometimes think that lying is built into the human genome, because kids seem to pick it up pretty easily.

    ReplyDelete

Followers