Thursday, April 30, 2009

Painting Painting Painting


It's not so bad, except that I've got "helpers". We let Maddie help us prime, but Ryan is a paint Nazi (to put it nicely. He gets it from his mom) and he doesn't want to take the time to teach, he just wants them out.

Maddie's not bad, but Ben is another story. He grabbed a tiny roller and left the room being primed. Then he "helped" in the just-painted kids room and on the bathroom door, which was not being painted. I was in another room, So I cannot be blamed. Everything is fixable. The door washed off (thanks, Jim). Just adds more steps.

Then, I'm not sure about the colors I picked. I picked a bright green called "asparagus" for the kids to go along with some green in both of their blankets. I feel like I'm on the inside of a lime. I hope, with the blue carpet removed and the wood floor exposed, the furniture put back and stuff on the walls, it won't be so heinous. It's pretty bad right now.

The other color is called "burnt almond". It's kind of like a coffee with a lot of cream. I think it's too dark. I'm always second guessing myself. i just hope it's ok once we're done and our furniture is in place.
Everything has been going pretty smoothly. We borrowed some things from Ryan's mom for painting and she even gave us a few colors so we didn't have to buy as much. HUGE help. We're working really hard, but agreeing on everything, so it seems to be without the usual husband/wife (or is it just Ryan and Marie) stress and fighting. We're all so excited to move it, especially the kids. They don't want to go back to the condo each night, they want to stay there. Ben tells me thank you each time I tell him we're going to the "new house". Makes moving a whole lot easier when we're all in it together!

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes, I can see why people hook their children up to a leash. Glad he didn't cause too much damage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you get too overwhelmed with the coffee/lime colors, remember that you can paint one "accent" wall in a room that is a different color - the effect is usually to lighten up the room and the intensity! I am a huge fan of the concept. And, I'd be shocked to hear that you weren't bickering!

    Also, when is Solid Rock, and when are you actually moving?

    ReplyDelete

Followers