Tuesday, April 21, 2009

So much to do, so little time.


This past weekend we went with some friends to Boyne to hang out and go to the water park, Avalanche Bay. This is our second year, but this year we added a couple and their daughter. There were 8 adults and 5 kids, so the big people still outnumbered the little ones. We hung out on Friday, waiting for the Muellers to come, and Ben didn't feel good all day. He was feverish and lethargic. The he threw up in the evening after he had gone to sleep. Yuck. Lucky me, I woke up on water park day feeling crappy. I went for a while, but pretty much felt like crap, so I stayed in bed for round two. I'm so bummed I missed all the fun. Maddie went down all the big slides with Ryan and even the medium ones by herself! She went underwater, I watched her freak out a little, then realize it wasn't so bad, and she did it again! Ben was a little strange at first, he didn't even want to go in the water, but he loosened up and by the second round, they couldn't get him to come out! Last year he was a funny little fish who got mad at me when I went around the waterfall. I laid in bed, trying not to puke. Eh. We did have fun though, losta of Mario cart, a few card games, playing at the park, the flat tire on the way home. Yes, I said flat tire. Last year it was Jamie and Laura, who blew a tire near Saginaw and this year we're the big winners! Jamie and Laura were actually behind us, so they helped us out a little and had lunch with us while we waited for a new tire.

We are closing on our house tomorrow...I'm so nervous! We have everything set up and ready to go. I hope there isn't another setback. I've been calling everyone for quotes on carpet, floor refinishing, chimney cleaning, tree removal, cable, garbage...the list goes on and that's only what I did yesterday! I have to sit at the house from 12-4 on Friday to wait for the gas to be turned on. At least it's supposed to be 75! We can play in the yard! We have boxes all around us here, and I'm desperate just to get a few out of the way. A lady named Heather that works with Scott our realtor is coming Saturday to help us stage the condo, or at least tell us what to do when we're ready in a few weeks. I'm nervous about that, too, but hopefully we'll have some of this clutter out of the way!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud, happy and excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're feeling better now. That sucks about having to lie around while the rest of the family (and friends) are out having a good time... but there'll be plenty more times.

    ReplyDelete

Followers