Sunday, April 5, 2009

Past days.

I was supposed to write this post a few days ago, but I forgot and just remembered. I do that a lot!
One year ago yesterday was Maddie's First Flower Girl Experience. Otherwise known as Kristi and Andrew's wedding. It was a lot of planning and practicing and trying on the dress a hundred times, but it was so cute and so much fun. Liam (who by the way was born 7 months before Maddie, so I was wrong) was the flower boy (in Maddie's words) and we had a ton of fun. Especially the fire alarm at 7 am at the hotel :)

Two years ago March 27th was the date of my car accident that broke my arm. I remember thinking I would never feel normal again. That this time in my life was going to last forever and I would be in pain the rest of my life. It's amazing how those feeling fade away, isn't it? Now my only reminders are a zig-zag scar on my wrist and some weakness.

All things fade with time, be it a memory, a scar, grief. Some are slower than others, and some you are amazed you even forgot. In the day-to-day it seems so important, so relevant. But looking back, though the larger scope, that major event is hardly a blip.

I can sit here, close my eyes and lock this time into my memory. I've done it before...I remember one afternoon when I was 13, reading "A Tree Grows In Brooklyn" outside in the sun. I never wanted it end, it was so perfect. Another time, floating in a little boat with my dad fishing. Laying in my bed the night before my wedding, with my brothers on the floor, our last sleepover. Can I keep myself 13 that way? 22? Can I keep my kids 2 and 4? I can try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers