Thursday, March 12, 2009

amazed.

It's so crazy to look at another human and see...yourself. This has happened twice now in the past few days. Maddie was dancing (when is she not) and she was stretching her long gazelle legs and I looked at her and I thought, "HEY! those are MY legs, Give 'em back!"

We were at a birthday party on Saturday and Liam our cousin took a picture of me, sort of fake smiling, and then later a picture of Maddie. On facebook, I was blown away. I don't think we look that similar, though people tell me all the time that we do, but our smiles were scarily IDENTICAL! Same shape, same fake-ness. The only difference is that she shows more gums, like my mom. But I don't ever see it because she has Ryan's eyes. But when I showed Ryan he said "yeah, so? This is not new." Why don't I see it everyday?

On a different topic, but still amazed, I can't believe the things these kids remember! I guess living with a husband that can barely remember his own name half of the time (love you sweetie, but it's true), I feel a little taken aback when my 2 year old asks if we're going to the belly doctor today to fix his yucky belly. I know I told him once or twice, LAST WEEK, but yeah, we're going today. Maddie remembers details from back when she was 2. I shouldn't be surprised at this, because I remember what I think is my two year birthday party, but I thought I was some kind of freak! I think I equate intelligence with memory sometimes because I have this immense library of stuff in my head. I call myself the Queen of Useless Knowledge. People think I'm smart, but really I just have the ability to recall everything I've every read, heard about or seen. It does get a little silly sometimes and I think I will stop having space for new things soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers