Saturday, February 28, 2009

Check, Check

As many/most/all of you know, Ryan is a musician. I also am one, or was, and I come from a musical family. I have always assumed my kids were going to be musically inclined also.

I never thought it would be like this.

We have a bedroom in the basement that has be turned into the "Music Room". Ryan's drums, guitars and equipment are there, as well as a little keyboard. The room is ready for Band Practice. The kids have always been allowed to play with the instruments, as long as they are used as instruments and with respect. They love to jam with Daddy. It started way back before Ben was born, Maddie and Ryan would play the drums together. Then our little drum obsessed boy discovered them. He is so funny. Recently, Ryan let him use one of his real guitars to jam. It was hilarious! Maddie usually has the keys, Ryan guitar, Ben drums. We have a whole band :)

This afternoon I got home from my haircut to find them downstairs. Ben was dragging a chair over to the keys and Maddie had a seat for herself and a bear as the audience. Ben sits down, swings the microphone over and says,
"Check, check"

I almost died.

1 comment:

Followers