Thursday, February 12, 2009

Funny little things.


Since my dad has died, I've been noticing funny little things that happen. Ryan says it's because I'm looking for them. I'm not, really. Mostly, it's songs. I would notice whenever we would head out on a big trip a "dad" song would be the first thing on the radio. Bad Company or "Black Water" or a particular Paul McCartney song. Today it was "Oh Bla Di". I haven't heard this one in quite a while, but long ago, in a childhood far far away, it was one of my favorites.

I heard it like cool water being poured over my wounds.

Pastor Tim asked on Facebook today if faith was nonsense. Seriously, I would have drowned in despair if not for faith many many times over. I have faith that my dad is still looking out for me, in little ways.

1 comment:

  1. I get signs from people all the time. I have faith and believe you.

    ReplyDelete

Followers