Thursday, February 12, 2009

V-day

I'm not big on Valentines day. Why do we have to have a day to tell each other we love one another? Ryan takes many advantages of doing something spontaneous, not forced because it's a certain day.

Who has the money to spend on diamonds, $300 dinner bills, stupid stuffed animals that collect dust. Give me a night off, some time alone, some time alone with my Significant other, and I'd be as happy as a clam.

I think Valentines day is so over commercialized, like all the other holidays. I love Christmas, but because I get to spend time with my family, make them happy with gifts and celebrate the Lord's birthday. Why must every child get the "hottest" toys. Do I love you less if I buy you something for $50 instead of $100?

My Birthday: not a holiday. Consider the origin of the word holiday: holy-day. My birthday is not holy. I really could care less. Once again, I like it as a time to get family together. Not for self-gratification.

Last year, I surprised Ryan near valentines day. The real reason: The hotel was running a special for Detroit's Winter Blast and I got a fantastic deal. Total coincidence!

Now, I'm not a hypocrite. At least, I try really hard not to be. But if Ryan gets me a little something, I don't throw it in his face. I just don't expect it as so many women do. A treat at anytime is nice, just not necessary. Women get so worked up over little non-important things, why make it harder than it already is for the men? If you expect it and it doesn't happen, aren't you 1000 times more upset?

This brings me to another point about women. Stop playing games. If you want something from your man, tell him. If the request is ignored, then you have grounds for being upset. But if you just expect him to read your mind, you're a fool. Men are dumb. They need everything spelled out for them. Yes, I know, you can read his mind. He can't read yours. It isn't a two way street! Give him some slack and speak up.

1 comment:

  1. Hi...I no longer have little ones at home, but I somehow ended up at your blog through another one (I can't remember which). First, I read some of your site,and became a "follower" because we are almost neighbors. I wanted to say, I hope you are feeling better since your etopic pregnancy surgery. I hope it helps to know you're on someones prayer list. I enjoyed reading your blog, mine is quite different, but I would love you to visit either of the two I have
    http://becci-powerstwinb.blogspot.com/

    http://www.geocities.com/powerstwins/index.html

    ReplyDelete

Followers