Friday, February 13, 2009

Packing

Packing Packing packing cleaning cleaning lists lists WHEW it's stressful to go on vacation!


I'm missing an earring. I've only worn them once, with a specific dress and for some reason only one is in my jewelry box. I'm trying to remember where I had it. I need to check near the shoe box that goes with the dress that goes with the earrings...


The thing about a cruise is, you can't forget anything because there's no where to get something you forgot. I have to specifically plan each aspect of my each outfit. Especially the evening wear. I hate not having everything. I have to make sure this bra goes with that and that, doesn't show through or straps. Do I need a shawl? What if it's colder when we're gone than expected?

AHHHHHH! The stress is killing me!

Not to mention the cost of a too-heavy bag, or one at all because it costs now to check bags. I should be grateful, though because the trip is a result of my hard working hubby. We only expect to spend money on drinks, and if last time was any indication, we'll be drinking on the customer's tabs mostly :) They're so generous!


Right now it's 80 degrees in Cozumel, Mexico, where we'll be stopping for a day. I can't wait to be hand in hand with Ryan, sipping margaritas in the warm sun. This is the first real vacation without kids. 4 years ago, we took Maddie. She was 5 1/2 months, so we couldn't leave her. It was fun, but not easy with pre-planned events that we had to attend. I will enjoy it so much more, but I will miss my babies. So far, though, not worried about that :)

2 comments:

  1. When I pack for a vacation, it goes like this: It's 3 days, so I need at least two pair of pants, 3 shirts, 3 sets of socks, 3 pair of boxers.

    DONE! Matching? Shawl? pshaw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! what a man! I'll bet your shoulder never get cold, or you never have a creepy guy staring down your dress at dinner :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers