Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Non-Reality.


In the past, I had no desire to go on a cruise. Four years ago, We went with Ryan's work and customers, but I was still nursing, so we took 5 month old Maddie. It wasn't easy, but we still managed to have a good time. I don't remember much of it :)

This time, we went again with the K/E crew, but we went ALONE. I didn't realize how much fun it really was.

Someone to feed you, at any time of the day.

Someone to clean your room and make your bed.

Someone to tell you where to be.

Someone to help you decide what outfit to wear what night because of the dress code.



No one to clean up after, no one to change, no one to feed, put down for naps, put to bed.

It was a great non-reality. I didn't want to return to my real reality.
We started in Miami, then went to Key West. We were supposed to snorkel, but it was very windy and they cancelled it. So we and a few costumers we were supposed to go with went into town. We found an infamous bar called Sloppy Joe's. It was 5 of us, then 7, then 9. then about 12 people came in together. Suddenly, about 40 K/E people were drinking it up in a section of this bar. Ryan looks at his uncle and asks "You're going to OK my expense report for this, right?"
The next day we docked in Puerta Maya on Cozumel, which had been destroyed by Wilma in 2005, about 9 months after we had been there. We thought it looked different, but didn't know until a guide told us. It was about 80 degrees. We ate a nice lunch with some customers at a restaurant right on the beach, then drank frozen margarita's at a bar called Fat Tuesday's with swings for chairs.

Later we did an excursion called the Amazing Cozumel Race, and went with a couple of customers who missed their snorkeling excursion due to ship time versus island time. They joined our team and we got second place. (First place was some young teens who ran the entire race. Not happening)
We shopped a little, then rejoined the ship. Then next day was the "day at sea". We slept most of this day. I can't figure out why. Then we got up and partied all night. Smart thing right before we had to go home, right?

We saw a comedy show, danced a little, drank a lot. The guys were amazed at my ability to shoot whisky (three times) and walk straight. Got pretend "hit on". Taught Ryan how to salsa with me.
We got about 3 hours of sleep when the alarm went off. But Ryan had acidentally set it for 5 instead of 6 because of the time change issue. ARG! But we had planty of time to hurry up and wait. All Day. At the port. In Fort Lauderdale. At the Ft. Lauderdale airport. At the Memphis airport. Actually that one was a hurry up and run. We only had 30 minutes to get from one gate to another. We did have time to grab a pulled pork sandwich, Memphis smoke style. MMMM.
We were home by midnight. A LONG day.
When can I do it again?

1 comment:

  1. The thing I love about cruises is you can order a drink and just say "Charge it to my room". The think I hate about cruises is you can order a drink and just say "Charge it to my room". I had no idea I drank THAT much!

    ReplyDelete

Followers