Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Pretty Dresses


Ever since I was small, one of my greatest shopping pleasures was to look through the fancy dresses. My mom indulged me on this because I think she likes to look, too, though she never had anywhere to wear them. In the rest of my life, I was pretty much a tom boy, preferring bike rides to Barbies, but since I have those strange "Gemini" tendencies (that I don't really believe in, but am amazed on how accurate the description of me is), I am on opposite ends of the spectrum in certain areas.


As Fate would have it, I married not only a man, but his family company, who has fancy parties at least once a year. It is nerve wracking to select the right dress each time. Being the wife of the SOB (son of boss, NOT what you thought!) I have a certain standard to uphold, whether I can afford it or not. Luckily, I am SO good at finding fantastic dresses way marked down.


For their 20th anniversary party, I wore a peacock green satin Calvin Klein dress, floor length. It was $75! I LOVE that dress, but have to give credit to Sara for finding it. It didn't look good on her, so I asked if I could try it on. WOW! During the same shopping day, I found another dress that I love, Marilyn Monroe style halter, but black lace over green. $40. It was a little snug, though. I bought it anyway and since I've lost some weight after my surgery, IT FITS! WHOO! I'm going to wear that one for the fancy dress night on the cruise. I have a few other things to try on; the pink dress I wore to Kristi's wedding with the outrageous cleavage, another not so fancy, but still fun turquoise dress.


I think especially since I quit my job I have more of a desire to get dressed up. Sitting here in my pj's is SO comfy (and necessary since I can't wear pants yet), but there is something about being able to show off your femininity that is fun.


Don't get me started on shoes and purses...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers